Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Here we go

I have spent quite a while thinking about how to start this blog. Feels like I am going to a confessional session to reveal a sordid character defect. Hello my name is Oliver and I have a problem. My problem you see, is that I want to be a triathlete. Not a professional one. Not even a particularly brilliant one. Just one who can get round a course. I don´t claim to be fat, or have any health problem that I´m fighting against. I have two legs and two arms. In fact   I´m rather ordinary.
I did two sprint triathlons last year, so I suppose I could class myself as a triathlete already, but I don´t feel like one. I remember starting the swims section surrounded by real triathletes and feeling a little bit inadequate. I do have a plan though. To feel like a real triathlete, I need to do a big one that will make me feel like I am part of the brotherhood. So I´ve entered a half distance triathlon on the 31st of May and am training away steadily. Next year I want to do a full distance event. That´s the dream I´m working towards so we´ll see what happens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment